We asked and you answered! During our Yeti Hopper Giveaway in the month of December we asked you about your favorite things to do over the holidays. We were moved by your responses and we wanted to share them with the world! So, if you are wondering what to do this holiday season, whether you are looking to use some time or start some traditions of your own please consider these Top 10 Things to Do:
- Watch classic movies with family and friends. Some of my favorite holiday movies include Christmas Vacation, The Santa Claus, A Christmas Story, and who can forget everyone’s favorite Christmas classic Die Hard (It’s a Christmas movie!)
- Catch-up with friends and family over drinks. Some of the most popular holiday drinks are the ones you can only drink this time of year like Egg Nog, Hot Cocoa, and for those looking to survive the office Christmas party there is the effective cinnamon spicy Fireball.
- Shop at Local Stores! This is one of my favorites. All of my Christmas shopping this year has been completed at local stores and the only thing that exceeds my expectation of the products and deals is the level of customer service you get at local stores and restaurants. Shop Local, shop often!
- Drive around and look at Christmas lights! You can cruise in the various neighborhoods, the downtown squares, or if you want to take a more tactical approach you can follow some handles on Instagram to get an idea of where the best lighting spectacles are in your town. In any case, it is cheap and beautiful to watch the lights!
- Give presents to Family and Friends. The saying is correct, “It is much better to Give than to Receive”. I am not why it works like that, but there is a certain amount of joy i feel when giving someone a gift, whether it is something I have made, something I have purchased or even if it is just a Christmas card with warming sentiment.
- Eat good food with Family and Friends! This is my favorite thing to do any time of the year, but especially during the holiday season. I especially like cooking on my Kamado Joe Classic II and trying new recipes, sweet or savory. If you use the best tools to cook your food, you will get the best results and nothing beats a Kamado Joe Grill!
- Enjoy the Time Off! Relax, Watch football bowl games, catch-up with friends and family or just catch some ZZzz on the couch. In any case whether you have a few hours off work, or a few days, take the time to do what you want and enjoy life!
- Sleep-in or Wake-up late! This is something most people with children strive to do almost every weekend, but while you are around grandparents, aunts and uncles, let them spend time with your kids. It is the giving time of year after all.
- Watch a movie at the Theater! This is one of my personal favorites because it is the one time of the year when everything slows down just long enough for me to escape into the world of George Lucas or Steven Spielberg and soak in all the theater has to offer. Just remember to be friendly and kind to the people at the theater, they are spending time away from their family and friends to make sure you are having a happy holiday at the theater!
- Go “Back to the Future” , crack open those old photo albums and look at photos from prior years and prior Christmases. You will laugh, you will cry, you will wonder why you ever wore those pajamas, shirts and hats!
Regardless of what you do this holiday season, the people at Second Elm hope you have a wonderful holiday full of all of the things you look forward to. There is enough joy for everyone and you have brought joy to us this year! Merry Christmas!