If you are a steak lover on a burger budget, this is a burger you must try! Follow our recipe, or throw in your own ingredients, but this burger is perfect to prepare for the end of summer.
- 2.25 lbs of Ground Beef
- 1 Chopped Vadalia Onion
- 1 Chopped White Onion
- 8 Ounces of A1 Steak-sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Block of Sharp Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- Combine all ingredients and mix well in a large bowl
- Create patties about the size of the palm of your hand, make sure to perforate with a fork to prevent burgers from blowing up like balloons
- Pre-Heat Grill to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Place Double Onion A1 Cheese Burgers on grill and cook for 5 minutes, then flip and cook for another 5 minutes. Turn-off the grill and flip the burgers one last time and let them rest on the hot grill for 3 minutes (This will make sure the meat is cooked to well done without drying them out) Total Cook Time of 13 minutes
- Take burgers off the grill, apply cheese if desired, and let them rest for 3 minutes before serving.
If you like the taste of steak on a bun, then this is the burger for you. It is moist and juicy and pairs perfectly with wine or beer. Yes, wine can go with this burger! I prefer a vintage from Mt Veeder because it is warm and brings out the flavors of the meat and the onion in the burger.